Olympic champion Ryan Lochte has '90210' cameo
- Paralympics officials on the lockout for boosting
- Cheating at Paralympics could involve self-harm
- Pistorius to run again, this time at Paralympics
- Pistorius runs again, this time at Paralympics
- Classifying disabilities tricky at Paralympics
- After judo gold, Harrison might go for Rio in 2016
- Paralympic cauldron lit in central London
- Valerie Adams seeks her Olympic gold medal at IOC
- Full TV coverage for Paralympics, just not in US
- Brazil minister not concerned with hotel shortages
By NATALIE ROTMAN,
Updated August 16, 2012
LOS ANGELES (AP) Olympic champion Ryan Lochte put his toe in the acting pool for a cameo appearance on the CW drama series "90210."
The swimmer says it was his first acting gig and he was "really nervous" because he "didn't want to mess it up."
He says "everyone was really nice. They helped me out," adding: "Hopefully, I killed it through the end."
Lochte won five medals, including two gold medals, in swimming events at the London Olympics.
The "90210" episode with Lochte will air at 9 p.m. EDT on Monday, Oct. 29.
The show's producers say there's no water involved in the scene, adding that Lochte "deserves a little rest on dry land."
He attended the premiere of "The Expendables 2" in Los Angeles on Wednesday night.