Japan women's soccer team upgraded to business
- Japan women's soccer team upgraded to business
- Mexico celebrating surprising soccer gold
- IOC withholds SKorean medal over political sign
- South Korean player not at Olympic medal ceremony
- Mexico beats Brazil to win 1st Olympic soccer gold
- Mexico's goal fastest in Olympics since 1976
- Slogan on South Korean flag probed at Olympics
- FIFA studies South Korea flag incident at Olympics
- Brazil looks to capture 1st Olympic soccer gold
- South Korea beats Japan to get Olympic bronze
Updated August 13, 2012
TOKYO (AP) Members of the Japan women's soccer team returned home on the weekend and got upgraded to business class after winning a silver medal at the London Games.
Japan's world champion women's team took exception to flying in economy class while their male counterparts sat in business class en route to the games.
The Japan Football Association said Monday the women's team sat in business on the way home because they won a medal.
Japan lost to the United States 2-1 in the gold medal game on Thursday in a rematch of last year's World Cup final.
The JFA said the men's under-23 Olympic team members, who failed to win a medal, flew in business class to London because they are professionals.