Taymazov of Uzbekistan wins 3rd straight gold
- Russians rule on London Olympic wrestling mat
- Varner of US wins Olympic wrestling gold
- Yonemitsu of Japan wins Olympic wrestling gold
- US wrestler Varner to go for Olympic gold
- Egyptian wrestlers skip their Olympic matches
- Taymazov of Uzbekistan wins 3rd straight gold
- Asgarov of Azerbaijan wins Olympic wrestling gold
- US wrestling coach Jones gets yellow at Olympics
- Burroughs of the US wins Olympic wrestling gold
- Otarsultanov of Russia wins Olympic wrestling gold
Updated August 11, 2012
LONDON (AP) Artur Taymazov of Uzbekistan has won his third straight Olympic wrestling gold in the men's 120-kilogram division, beating Georgia's Davit Modzmanashvili in the final.
Taymazov joins Alexander Medved of the former Soviet Union and Russian great Alexander Karelin as the only male wrestlers to win gold medals in three straight games.
Taymazov, by virtue of his silver in Sydney in 2000, also equaled Karelin's Olympic medal haul.
Japan's Kaori Icho and Saori Yoshida each won their third straight Olympic golds in women's freestyle earlier this week.