Chinese swimmer out of Olympic open water
- Schmitt goes back to school after Olympic stardom
- Phelps' agent: Leaked pics not an IOC violation
- Michael Phelps again graces Wheaties boxes
- Olympic champ Jiao named Communist Party delegate
- Missy Franklin says college-pro decision is harder
- Russia wins 4th synchro team gold at Olympics
- Swimmer finishes 10th, carrying memories of friend
- Guam swimmer far behind -- but at least he finishes
- Russia wins synchro team gold at Olympics
- Meyer finishes 10th carrying memories of Crippen
Updated August 9, 2012
LONDON (AP) Fang Yanqiao of China has withdrawn from women's 10-kilometer open water swim because of an injury sustained before the race.
A release announcing Fang's pullout did not give details of her injury.
Twenty-four swimmers are now competing in the grueling race at the Serpentine, a lake in Hyde Park.