Icho of Japan wins her 3rd straight Olympic gold
- Russians rule on London Olympic wrestling mat
- Varner of US wins Olympic wrestling gold
- Yonemitsu of Japan wins Olympic wrestling gold
- US wrestler Varner to go for Olympic gold
- Egyptian wrestlers skip their Olympic matches
- Taymazov of Uzbekistan wins 3rd straight gold
- Asgarov of Azerbaijan wins Olympic wrestling gold
- US wrestling coach Jones gets yellow at Olympics
- Burroughs of the US wins Olympic wrestling gold
- Otarsultanov of Russia wins Olympic wrestling gold
Updated August 8, 2012
LONDON (AP) Kaori Icho won wrestling's 63-kilogram freestyle division Wednesday at the London Games, becoming the first Japanese woman to capture the same event in three straights Olympics.
Icho beat Ruixue Jing of China 3-0, 2-0, her latest victory of a 72-match winning streak. She now owns the only three Olympic golds ever awarded at 63 kilograms.
A forfeit at the 2007 Asian championships is the only blemish on Icho's record since losing to American Sara McMann in 2003.