France men beat Nigeria 79-73 in Olympic hoops
- US wins gold, beats Spain 107-100 in men's hoops
- Russia wins men's bronze, beats Argentina 81-77
- US-Spain basketball final is a rematch of '08
- Krzyzewski set for final game as US coach
- US-Spain men meet again for Olympic hoop gold
- FIBA: No basketball age limit expected for 2016
- Krzyzewski: Gold-medal game his last as US coach
- US tops Argentina 109-83, reaches gold-medal game
- US men beat Argentina 109-83 in Olympic basketball
- Ginobili unsure he'll keep playing for Argentina
Updated August 6, 2012
LONDON (AP) Nicolas Batum scored 23 points to lead France to a 79-73 victory over Nigeria in the men's Olympic basketball tournament on Monday.
France will finish no worse than third in Group A.
Batum nailed a 3-pointer to put France up 65-62 and the French (4-1) never trailed again after Nigeria had battled back from an 11-point halftime deficit.
The Portland Trail Blazers standout hit two more 3s down the stretch. His 3-pointer with 2:38 to play gave France a 75-68 lead and he drained another for 79-70 France advantage. Batum also had six rebounds.
Boris Diaw, who plays for the San Antonio Spurs, scored 10 points for France. Spurs guard Tony Parker had seven assists in 21 minutes for France.
Chamberlain Oguchi went 8 for 14 from 3-point range to finish with 35 points for Nigeria.