Wu in top position chasing 3-meter diving gold
- Boudia's gold medal a step forward for US diving
- Boudia's gold shows Chinese are beatable in diving
- Boudia of US edges Qiu for Olympic diving gold
- British diver Daley gets 2nd chance at first dive
- Mitcham won't deny China Olympic gold in diving
- China's Qiu and Lin lead Boudia in diving semis
- China set to match diving gold haul from '08
- China's divers 1-2 in men's 10M Olympic prelims
- Loaded field for men's 10-meter Olympic diving
- China back on top with Olympic diving gold in 10m
By BETH HARRIS,
Updated August 4, 2012
LONDON (AP) Wu Mingxia of China cruised into the 3-meter springboard final after qualifying in the top spot during the semifinals.
Wu totaled 394.400 points in the five-round semifinals on Saturday, giving her a lead of 32.30 points over second-place Tania Cagnotto of Italy, who had 362.100 points. The four-time Olympian is still seeking her first medal.
Wu is chasing her record-tying sixth Olympic medal. She already owns three gold medals in 3-meter synchro, as well as one silver and one bronze.
Wu's synchro partner, He Zi, was third at 354.500. Cassidy Krug and Christina Loukas of the U.S. also advanced to Sunday's final.