Gray wins Olympic rifle gold, sets records
- At last, Emmons gets his 3-position rifle medal
- Croatia's Cernogoraz wins Olympic men's trap gold
- Campriani wins Olympic gold in rifle 3 positions
- Shooter Jin Jong-oh wins 2nd London Olympics gold
- Shooter Jin Jong-oh wins 2nd London Olympic gold
- Rossi wins Olympic gold, sets trap world record
- Gray wins Olympic rifle gold, sets records
- Italy's Rossi sets world record in trap qualifying
- Cuban shooter Pupo wins Olympic gold
- Martynov wins rifle prone gold with world record
Updated August 4, 2012
LONDON (AP) Jamie Lynn Gray won the gold medal in women's 50-meter three-position rifle shooting at the London Games on Saturday, setting two Olympic records along the way.
The American's final score was 691.9 points, topping the previous total Olympic mark of 690.3 set by China's Du Li at the 2008 Beijing Games. She clinched gold on her final shot with a 10.8 - just 0.1 off what would have been perfect.
Ivana Maksimovic of Serbia won the silver, 4.4 points back. Adela Sykorova of the Czech Republic was third, 8.9 points behind Gray.
Gray's qualifying score was 592, also an Olympic record, besting the 589 set by Renata Mauer-Rozanska of Poland at the 1996 Atlanta Games.
This is the second Olympics for Gray, who was fourth in air rifle and fifth in three-position rifle in 2008.