Brazilian rower suspended for failing doping test
- Danes win gold in lightweight men's double sculls
- Knapkova wins Olympic gold in women's single
- Britain wins women's lightweight double sculls
- Britain wins Olympic gold in women's double sculls
- Brazilian rower suspended for failing doping test
- Britain wins Olympic rowing gold in men's 4
- Britain wins Olympic rowing gold in men's four
- Australian rower sent home for damaging shops
- Australian rower sent home from Olympics
- Report in Germany prompts rower to leave Olympics
Updated August 4, 2012
LONDON (AP) The Brazilian Olympic Committee says rower Kissya Cataldo da Costa has been suspended for failing a doping test before the London Games.
The suspension forced Costa to withdraw from her single sculls event Saturday.
The committee said it was informed by the Brazilian rowing federation that Costa failed a test done by the international rowing body in Brazil on July 12. No other details on the test were immediately available.
Costa was expected to compete in the C final Saturday, which was good for 13th place overall. She was participating in her first Olympics.