France men beat Argentina 71-64 in Olympic hoops
- US wins gold, beats Spain 107-100 in men's hoops
- Russia wins men's bronze, beats Argentina 81-77
- US-Spain basketball final is a rematch of '08
- Krzyzewski set for final game as US coach
- US-Spain men meet again for Olympic hoop gold
- FIBA: No basketball age limit expected for 2016
- Krzyzewski: Gold-medal game his last as US coach
- US tops Argentina 109-83, reaches gold-medal game
- US men beat Argentina 109-83 in Olympic basketball
- Ginobili unsure he'll keep playing for Argentina
By TOM WITHERS,
Updated July 31, 2012
LONDON (AP) Tony Parker scored 17 points and fed a lob pass over San Antonio teammate Manu Ginobili for a key basket down the stretch as France stunned Argentina 71-64 on Tuesday in an Olympic preliminary men's game featuring 10 NBA players.
Parker, wearing goggles to protect a left eye seriously injured in a New York nightclub brawl in June, got the best of Ginobili in the first game between the two longtime Spurs guards.
With Ginobili back on defense, Parker lobbed a soft pass over his outstretched arms to Kevin Seraphin, who dunked it to give France a 69-62 with 1:07 to play.
Nicolas Batum added 14 points for France (1-1), which came in 0-4 in Olympic competition against Argentina.
Ginobili scored 26 - 18 in the second half - to lead Argentina (1-1), which had looked so impressive in a 23-point win over Lithuania in its opener.