Japan advances to Olympic quarterfinals
- Japan women's soccer team upgraded to business
- Mexico celebrating surprising soccer gold
- IOC withholds SKorean medal over political sign
- South Korean player not at Olympic medal ceremony
- Mexico beats Brazil to win 1st Olympic soccer gold
- Mexico's goal fastest in Olympics since 1976
- Slogan on South Korean flag probed at Olympics
- FIFA studies South Korea flag incident at Olympics
- Brazil looks to capture 1st Olympic soccer gold
- South Korea beats Japan to get Olympic bronze
By FRANK GRIFFITHS,
Updated July 29, 2012
NEWCASTLE, England (AP) Kensuke Nagai scored a late goal Sunday to give Japan a 1-0 win over Morocco and a spot in the Olympic soccer quarterfinals.
Nagai collected a long ball in the 84th minute as Morocco goalkeeper Mohamed Amsif charged off his line. The striker then sent a shot over Amsif's head and into an empty net.
Morocco had a late chance to equalize, but forward Zakaria Labyad's shot from close range was blocked.
Japan leads Group D with six points while Morocco is third with one point.