Fencing champ Zagunis to be US Olympic flag bearer
- Italy wins gold in men's team foil at Olympics
- Germany wins bronze in men's team foil at Olympics
- Italy has chance at 3rd fencing gold at Olympics
- Finally, a medal for South Korean fencer
- China wins Olympic gold in epee team
- South Korea urges IOC to probe fencer's defeat
- South Korea wins Olympic saber team event
- Italy wins Olympic gold at women's foil team event
- US saber team faces top seed Russia at Olympics
- South Korea's Kim wins women's sabre gold medal
Updated July 25, 2012
LONDON (AP) Two-time Olympic fencing champion Mariel Zagunis will carry the U.S. flag in the opening ceremony of the London Games.
The U.S. Olympic Committee says Zagunis won a vote of the 529-strong team ahead of Friday's ceremony.
Zagunis says she is "extremely humbled by this incredible privilege."
She was the first American to win a fencing gold in 100 years at the 2004 Athens Games.