10,000 tickets for synchro swimming oversold
- Russia aims to complete 4th straight synchro sweep
- Russia eyes another sweep in synchronized swimming
- Russia wins another gold in synchronized swimming
- Russia favored for another gold in Olympic synchro
- Russia leads again in Olympic synchro swimming
- Russia leads synchro swimming duet at London Games
Updated January 4, 2012
LONDON (AP) Olympic organizers say they oversold 10,000 tickets for synchronized swimming at the London Games, giving some fans the chance to exchange them for a much hotter ticket - the 100-meter track final.
The London organizing committee blamed an "error in the data entry" for selling double the number of tickets available for four sessions of synchronized swimming.
Customers have been offered the chance to exchange oversold tickets for other events which they also applied for but were unsuccessful, including track.
Organizers say about 200 tickets have been made available for the men's 100 final, the highest demand sports event of the games.
The alternate tickets will come from the pot of 1 million for all events that are to go on sale in May once the seating configuration has been finalized at all venues.