Buffalo Sabres at Boston Bruins
- The Bruins won four of the six matchups between these clubs last season, including all three of the meetings with the Sabres in Boston.
- The Bruins have won all four of their home games so far this season and will be looking to open a campaign with five consecutive home wins for the first time since the 1990-91 season.
- After opening the season with two consecutive wins, the Sabres have now lost each of their last four contests. Buffalo has allowed at least three goals in each of its last four games.
- Thomas Vanek, who has recorded at least one point in all five of his games this season, has 49 points (25g, 24a) in his career against Boston -- the most points in his career against any opponent.
- Nathan Horton has recorded at least one point in each of his last four games (3g, 2a) and has lit the lamp in each of his last two contests. Horton has scored a goal in two straight and three of his last four home games against Buffalo.
- Tuukka Rask is 4-0-0 with a 1.20 GAA and .950 save percentage in his four home starts this season. Rask in winless in his last five starts against the Sabres.
No preview is available for this game
© 2013 by STATS LLC and Associated Press.
Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited.