Crystal Palace-Everton Preview
Everton boss Frank Lampard says he needs "11 Evertonians" on the field when his side look to seal Premier League survival against Crystal Palace this week.
The Toffees can confirm their top-flight status against their London opponents at Goodison Park, and know that any slip-up could leave them at the mercy of Burnley and Leeds.
Lampard however is backing his side to bring the fire and thanked supporters for their help over the past few months.
"I have to thank our fans for their impact on the team, particularly in recent weeks," he said. "I'm sure they will come with everything again - and maybe a bit more. We really appreciate that.
"Historically, this could be such a big night for us. The players have to turn up to play with the same passion and fight as those in the stadium. We need 11 Evertonians on the pitch.
"(The players) have to tap into the occasion. It's a game that's really critical, but they can use the pressure in a good way and play with control on top of that.
"We're playing a game that we love, so we have to be up for those big-pressure moments. Everyone has to be ready."
Opposite number Patrick Vieira is meanwhile still targeting a historic top-half finish for the Eagles, which will likely be achieved with victory on Merseyside and then in their final game with Manchester United.
"It is a challenge and there is a possibility to go over the 49 points, that can be a target for us," he added.
"When you get to the end of the season you are in a comfortable zone. The challenge for us is to keep competing until the last game.
"I was really pleased with the attitude against Aston Villa - we competed well and we fought well, and we played good football at times. That made me happy."
Everton - Richarlison
The Toffees man has been involved in seven goals in his last nine Premier League appearances (5 goals, 2 assists). Overall, he's had a hand in 14 Premier League goals this season (9 goals, 5 assists), only registering more in 2019-20 (13 goals, 3 assists).
Crystal Palace - Wilfried Zaha
Five of the Ivory Coast international's Premier League goals this season have been the winning goal of the game, with two of those occasions in the last three games. No player has ever scored more winning goals in a single campaign for Crystal Palace.
- Everton have only lost one of their last 14 Premier League games against Crystal Palace (W6 D7), though it did come in the reverse fixture in December this season.
- In what is the 22nd different league campaign in which they've met, Crystal Palace are looking to complete the double over Everton for the very first time.
- Crystal Palace have beaten Everton twice this season, once in the Premier League and once in the FA Cup. As a top-flight side, the Eagles have only twice before beaten a side three teams in the same campaign - Charlton Athletic in 1989-90, and Stoke City in 2015-16.
- Everton have won just 25% of their Premier League games on Thursdays (3/12), their lowest win rate on a single day of the week. However, the Toffees are unbeaten in their last seven such games (W3 D4) since a 2-0 loss at Hull in January 2015.
- Crystal Palace have won their final away game in just three of their 12 Premier League seasons (D2 L7). Two of these were against teams who were relegated (2018-19 v Cardiff, 2017-18 v Stoke), and the other was on Merseyside (2014-15 v Liverpool).
Updated May 18, 2022