Chelsea head coach Graham Potters labeled Brentford a "tough team to play against" ahead of the derby clash between the two sides on Wednesday.
Brentford's impressive start to the season has seen them win three of their five home fixtures, with leaders Arsenal the only team to beat them at the Gtech Community Stadium so far.
And Potter is expecting a difficult game on Wednesday, telling reporters: "Thomas [Frank] has done a fantastic job and they use the quality of their players well.
"They make the most of their resources and I'm always impressed with the job they do. They attack with clarity and defend with aggression. They are a tough team to play against."
Chelsea have proved formidable away from home, winning three of their five fixtures on the road, but Brentford head coach Frank is confident his team will put in a good performance in the meeting of two West London sides.
"We've prepared for the different shapes and different players," Frank said. "I think it's going to be a fantastic game, hopefully, to witness.
"We are at home. We know we can be a threat to any team in this division and have proven that a lot of times.
"We know what we do and we will mainly focus on us, and of course a tiny bit, in the context of our style of play and the way we want to do it, focus on a few of their strengths."
Brentford - David Raya
Aside from Ivan Toney's double, Raya made seven saves to help the Bees to victory over Brighton and Hove Albion. Another solid display may be needed here to keep Chelsea out.
Chelsea - Mason Mount
Mount has been involved in four goals in his last two Premier League appearances, one more than he managed in his previous 13 games. Can he keep up his impressive run of form here?
- Brentford are looking to win back-to-back league games against Chelsea for the first time since February 1939, following their 4-1 win at Stamford Bridge in April.
- Brentford have not won any of their six midweek (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) Premier League games (one draw, five defeats), with their 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace this season their only point in such fixtures.
- Chelsea have won nine of their last 10 away London derbies in the Premier League, keeping seven clean sheets in the process. Their only defeat in this run was at West Ham in December last season (2-3).
- Chelsea have won all three of their Premier League games under Graham Potter. There have been seven occasions of a manager winning each of their first four in charge of a club, with four of those being at Chelsea (Jose Mourinho, Guus Hiddink, Carlo Ancelotti, Maurizio Sarri).
- Ivan Toney has scored six goals in his last five Premier League games, accounting for 75 per cent of Brentford's total in these matches (six of eight). Overall, Toney has scored 30 per cent of the Bees' Premier League goals, the highest percentage of any player for a team in the competition.
Updated October 18, 2022