Thomas Tuchel will be satisfied with his squad if no more players sign before the end of the transfer window.
Chelsea could be set to be one of the busier of the biggest Premier League clubs this week, with Tuchel's side in the market for several players.
Wesley Fofana's move from Leicester City is due to go through once the defender completes a medical, while the Blues are also interested in Everton winger Anthony Gordon and Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Wilfried Zaha has also been mooted as a target.
There could be several outgoings as well, with Conor Gallagher, Armando Broja and Trevoh Chalobah drawing reported interest. Callum Hudson-Odoi, meanwhile, is set to join Bayer Leverkusen on loan.
"Right now I think we could need more players in some positions," Tuchel said ahead of Tuesday's clash with Southampton.
"But it's very close to the end of the transfer window and when September 1 comes I will be a very happy coach whatever happens, and try to find solutions, not think what could have happened or what could be.
"Everything that matters is the moment, finding a way to win, stepping up individually, stepping up from my side and this is what we will do no matter if players come in or not."
Southampton, meanwhile, look set to keep Che Adams at the club despite reported interest from Everton. The forward has scored two goals so far this season.
"I think the shape we are doing at the moment really suits him," said Ralph Hasenhuttl. "You can see that he feels comfortable in the center as a single striker supported by the other two guys from outside. I'm sure he will come into a position where he can score for us often and this is what is our job to do."
Southampton - James Ward-Prowse
James Ward-Prowse played a game-high four key passes in Southampton's defeat to Manchester United, but the Saints slipped to a 1-0 defeat. Only three Premier League players have created more opportunities for teammates so far this season than the midfielder.
Chelsea - Raheem Sterling
Only against West Ham (14) has Raheem Sterling, who scored both of Chelsea's goals in their win over Leicester City last time out, been involved in more Premier League goals than he has against Southampton (11).
- Southampton have won just two of their last 18 Premier League games against Chelsea (D5 L11), with both of those victories coming at Stamford Bridge. They're winless in nine at home against them (D2 L7) since a 2-1 win in March 2013.
- Chelsea have scored in each of their last 17 Premier League away games against Southampton, winning 6-0 in this exact fixture last season. It's the longest scoring streak one team has had against another away from home in the history of the competition.
- Southampton's 44 home goals conceded against Chelsea is the most they have shipped against a single side in the Premier League, while only at Spurs (51) have the Blues scored more on the road.
- Chelsea's Mason Mount has been involved in five goals in his four Premier League starts against Southampton (four goals, one assist), while only against Norwich City (five) has he scored more Premier League goals than he has against Saints.
- Chelsea have seen a player sent off in each of their last two Premier League games, with Kalidou Koulibaly seeing red against Leeds United and Conor Gallagher against Leicester. It is the first time they've had a red in consecutive games since October 2014; the Blues have never had a player sent off in three games in a row.
Updated August 29, 2022