5 key players no longer on Air Force roster
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) Five key players at Air Force have been removed from the team, coach Troy Calhoun said Friday when training camp opened.
Calhoun said the five hadn't been suspended but he wouldn't elaborate on why they weren't on the roster or whether they'd be able to return this season. He said they were still enrolled at the academy.
Calhoun said another player, safety Jay Fullam, would miss the season with a shoulder injury.
The Falcons are already replacing 17 starters who were seniors last year, but QB Connor Dietz told the (Colorado Springs) Gazette that even with the additional departures "depth isn't a concern."
Updated August 3, 2012